PARADE IS CELEBRATED RAIN OR SHINE. ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON REFUNDABLE AND TRANSFERABLE
Corporate must meet a minimum contribution and payment in the total amount of $5000 to participate on the parade route.
Any difference will be a contribution to the scholarship fund. You will be contacted by the Dominican Day Parade committee if this condition is not met.
The Dominican Day Parade reserves the right to limit any amount of vehicles and floats on the route.
Any company with more than one float or vehicle is subject to an additional fee as determined by Dominican Day Parade.
- We reserve the right to limit or restrict the participation of any individual(s) and/or organization(s).
- Every person and every vehicle that marches in the parade route must register and pay a registration fee.
- Motorcycles, 16 wheelers and vans are not allowed on the parade route.
- Each group is limited to one sound vehicle at the parade, unless otherwise authorized.
- All floats and sound vehicles must be pre-approved by the Dominican Day Parade’s Arts and Culture Committee.
- Copies of photo ID, driver’s license, registration and insurance card must be provided for each vehicle registered.
- Personal vehicles are not allowed on the parade route unless approved with a special permit by the Dominican Day Parade Committee.
- A maximum of 20 individuals can ride on a float. The float fee covers these twenty individuals and an addition 30 who can walk around the float.
- If you are sponsoring a float not provided by our authorized Dominican Day Parade provider you must supply a design of your float, driver’s information, registration and valid insurance covering your float (Certificate of Insurance listing DDP as additional insured.) Email DDPMAS@gmail.com. Subject Line: FLOAT PICTURE FOR APPROVAL.
- Bond Floats, 973-778-3333 provides approved floats, drivers, insurance, sound and generators. The Dominican Day Parade is not responsible for any contracts and/or transactions made with float companies.
- Invoicing: Deposits of 50% are non-refundable and due upon invoicing. Balance is due July 31, 2018. Bounced checks will incur a fee of $50. Payments after Jul 31 will incur a late fee of $75 and must be paid by either a USPS money order, bank check or credit card. Credit card payments carry an administrative fee of 3%.
- SOUND VEHICLES are permitted for performance groups only and groups must provide their own power.
- NO HOOKAHS. If you bring one to the parade you will not be allowed to march.
- Every parade participant must be wearing a 2018 parade wristband. No exceptions.
- All participants must promote Dominican heritage, culture and pride with the exception of participants representing other cultures.
- All participants must reflect a respect for general public decency and moral values, including a dress code of a professional or cultural nature.
- All participants must refrain from the use of profane or offensive language, symbols, or gestures.
- The use of the flag of the Dominican Republic as part of an outfit or clothing will not be allowed and the use of the flag to decorate a float must be done in a respectable and dignified manner.
- Flags with symbols will not be allowed.
- No political or electoral advertisement or signs may be displayed by any participants.
- No THIRD-PARTIES will be allowed to march with the original group that signed on the Application.
- All participants must adhere to the instructions of Parade Coordinators during the parade.
- In the event of a cancellation of the parade DDP will not refund registration fees.
Invoicing: Deposits of 50% are non-refundable and due upon invoicing. Balance is due July 31, 2018. Bounced checks will incur a fee of $50. Payments after Jul 31 will incur a late fee of $75 and must be paid by either a USPS money order, bank check or credit card. Credit card payments carry an administrative fee of 3%.
Any organization or individual with outstanding balances from previous year will not be able to participate in parade until all outstanding balances are reconciled. Any funds received in current year will go towards outstanding balances.
Every participant on parade route must register individually; third party registration is not allowed.